A bequest to Orange County Arts Council will turn your commitment to the health and vitality of the arts in Orange County into a lasting legacy.
Since 2007, the Orange County Arts Council has been working to advocate for the arts as an important part of our quality of life, as an economic engine in the county and as a resource for other industries and for the community. Our goal is to ensure that Orange County remains a vibrant creative community, where the arts are seen as something that we “need to have”, and not just something that is “nice to have”.
If you share this vision, you can make the advocacy, promotion, and unification of the arts in Orange County a vital part of your own legacy by making a planned gift to the Orange County Arts Council. A planned gift is a good way to ensure that future generations will continue to enjoy and appreciate the many benefits that the arts provide here. It is also an important way for you to maximize the financial rewards of your philanthropy. These gifts are structured to help you realize the full range of the tax and income incentives provided by law to encourage your charitable giving, while making a lasting impact on the arts.
The Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund was first established in 2015 with a gift from a private foundation and is currently administered by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Anyone can make a gift to the endowment fund at any time and donations can be made in honor or memory of a family member, friend, or loved one.
Working with the Community Foundation helps make it possible for individuals to make gifts of all types, not just cash. There are a variety of gifts that can be made to the endowment fund including:
- Donating shares of appreciated stock
- Naming the Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement assets
- Leaving a gift of real estate to the Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund (stipulations do apply and these donations must be discussed with leadership of the Orange County Arts Council and the Community Foundation)
- Setting up a charitable remainder trust which will generate income during your lifetime with the remainder going to the endowment fund upon death
- Establishing a charitable lead trust which will support the Orange County Arts Council during your lifetime with the remainder going to a family member upon death
We recommend speaking with your accountant and/or attorney as there are tax implications and other factors to consider when leaving this type of gift. Our colleagues at the Community Foundation are also available to speak to regarding any of these giving opportunities.
Thank you for considering a lasting gift to the Orange County Arts Council. As with any charitable bequest, please consult with your attorney on the language and tax effect.
For more information on making a planned gift, or to notify us that you have done so, please contact: