When arts and businesses partner, everyone profits.
Businesses are using the arts to inspire employees, stimulate innovation, and foster creative collaboration. Following the lead of the Americans for the Arts Partnership Movement (http://www.partnershipmovement.org), the Orange County Arts Council encourages partnerships between arts and businesses for the following reasons:
- Employees want to live and work in a vibrant community
- The arts help companies build market share, enhance their brand, and reach new customers
- The arts can help companies communicate a message in engaging ways
- Creativity is among the top applied skills sought by employers
- Involvement with the arts can help challenge and motivate employees to be their best
- The arts support diversity by creating an environment that blends background, ethnicities, and cultures
- The arts are a great way to show appreciation for employees
- Partnering with the Orange County Arts Council helps companies connect with artists and arts organizations throughout the county
What are just a few of the many ways arts and businesses already partner in Orange County?
- The Goshen Art Walk
- Newburgh Illuminated
- Port Jervis Art Walk
- Warwick Summer Arts Festival
Companies including Orange Regional Medical Center (www.ormc.org) and Noble Coffee Roasters (www.nobleroasters.com) have been honored for the partnerships they have created with artists and arts organizations.
The Orange County Arts Council partners with the Orange County Chamber of Commerce (www.orangeny.com) to host arts and business networking events as well as presentations from industry experts to educate the business community about the benefits of creativity in the workplace.