Arts activity and local economic vitality are connected in many ways. Arts, culture, and creativity can:
- Improve a community’s competitive edge
- Help create places where people want to be
- Attract visitors and new residents
- Contribute to the development of an innovative workforce
Orange County is home to hundreds of arts and creative businesses, many of which are industrial-size and world-class. The Orange County Arts Council’s Economic Development Committee is devoted to raising awareness of these businesses and supporting the growth of the creative industries sector of the Orange County economy.
Some Arts and Economic Development programs include:
- The Orange County Film Office
Tours of Orange County arts businesses with economic development officials to educate them as to the scale and benefits of these businesses
- Membership and participation in the Orange County Center for Business Innovation
Arts and business networking events
- Presentations from industry experts to educate the business community about the benefits of creativity in the workplace
To learn more about the Creative Industries in Orange County, click here.
To learn more about the economic impact of the arts on the Mid-Hudson Region, click here.